The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you'll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EnterpriseDB has a lot to do with that.
EDB's enterprise-class software extends PostgreSQL, helping their customers get the most out of it both on premises and in the cloud. And their 24x7 global support, professional services, and training help their customers control risk, manage costs, and scale efficiently. With 16 offices worldwide, EDB serves over 4,000 customers, including leading financial services, government, media and communications, and information technology organizations.
They have been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning and are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers their partners. Proud though they are, they are not resting on their laurels. There's plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything they do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
EDB seeks a seasoned sales professional located in the U.S.to join their Strategic Enterprise team. As a Strategic Account Executive, you'll partner with existing high-profile clients to understand and anticipate their needs, drive upsell opportunities, and establish EDB as critical to their success. Is a growth mindset baked into your DNA? Do you understand how to build a business case, stay prominent, use resources properly, and manage complex deals through the sales lifecycle? If so, EDB wants to speak with you!
- Become a prominent resource to their Enterprise customers by defining and executing sales plans that will enable their clients' success
- Qualify a subset of assigned accounts through a strong understanding of each company's IT organization, strategic applications, DevOps initiatives, database install base, and vital IT initiatives
- Build business cases to establish value; develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates EDB's ability to meet the customers' strategic objectives
- Meet and exceed quota through qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities with existing clients
- Grow existing customer share and expand into net new programs
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team-based selling efforts with internal stakeholders on a quarterly and annual basis
- 10+ years of enterprise software sales success selling to executives and CIOs
- Ability to identify new revenue opportunities, conduct market research, and anticipate customer needs
- A strong command of the IT space (to assist in the ability to qualify and prioritize IT software development projects)
- Experience with myriad types of customer conversations; the ability to shift and evolve from a general technical focus up to more complex strategic discussions at the upper echelons of the business (executives)
- A proven capacity to manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work collaboratively with other members of the sales organization (SDRs, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers)
- Solid presentation skills (to collaborate with Sales Engineers and present pre-sales demos and assessments)
- A willingness to build out an ever-expanding knowledge of their products, competitors, and industry trends
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast paced multi-task driven environment
- Perpetual curiosity around problem solving
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Travel required (post pandemic): ~25%
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
EDB knows it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help them in their mission to supercharge Postgres, and they understand that not everyone will check every box. They would love to hear from you and want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of their culture and are key to their company's integrity.