Our client is the best-in-class partner for complex, secure communications. A company that is trusted, responsive, expert and human, our client delivers premier technology-driven solutions to more efficiently and accurately communicate mission critical content. Built on what today's business demands and tomorrow's business requires, our client provides a responsive partnership, rooted in deep market expertise, modern agile solutions built around business needs, and a commitment to forward-thinking technology that ensures speed, precision, and accuracy.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is a top leadership role reporting directly to company's President and is the recognized technology expert that will provide thought leadership, strategic planning, effective communications, resource planning and deployment to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
In this role, the CTO is responsible for all IT engineering and development, integration of platforms for applications and infrastructure services for the organization's client portfolio of products and services. The role collaborates closely with the Product Management function to deliver development of new technology, support current technology and assure appropriate infrastructure systems and operations to support both clients and employees.
As the top IT position, this leader plays a key role in the planning, coordination and supervision of all resources related to the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of technology solutions. As functional leader, the position manages all infrastructure services and vendors as well as product development and support to ensure client products and company services align to product roadmaps and client delivery expectations. This role maintains deep expertise in business strategy as well as solid understanding of IT capabilities and processes to enhance the overall efficiency of the organization. This role will negotiate and establish services with external providers and consulting firms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build technological products/services that meet the customer needs. Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company.
- Knowledge of traditional and cloud engineering, architecture, networking and security
- Develop goals and strategies for IT engineers and developers
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization. Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Proven experience in a complex regulatory environment with an ability to create, execute, adapt and align IT plans to support business strategies.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Act as a consultant and advisor to the business with solid business acumen skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and delivery for all planning, utilization and allocation of IT resources.
- Knowledge and management of
- Application Design/Architecture/Integration
- Functional Requirements Analysis
- New Technology Evaluation
- Technical Change Management, testing coordination and issue resolution
- Service, Integration and IT Architecture Development
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Vendor management of external providers, resolve functionality and operational systems issues
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Oversees the back office computer operations of the affiliate management information system, including local area networks and wide-area networks.
- Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 27001, PCI, SOX, ITIL and other compliance requirements specific to IT systems, workflows, and protocols. Ensures that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- An ability to create leverage and scale IT solutions and platforms.
- Open, honest and supportive manager with clear communication style and models teamwork not only within IT but also with internal relationships. Supportive team environment and ability to manage through remote collaboration.
- Culture champion within a multi-cultural environment with ability to lead, motivate, and develop a high performing IT Team that has a desire to continually enhance and improve IT systems, processes, and services.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Content Management
- Document Management
- XML Standards (DITA, iXBRL/XBRL)
- XML Publishing
- Digital Print (data, variable and personalized and customized)
- Database technology (Oracle & MS SQL)
- Software and SaaS Licensing
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree with IT or Computer Science major field of study, MBA or other advanced degree desirable
- 15+ years professional information technology experience with technical expertise to understand architectural decisions
- 10 +years experience in management providing strong leadership, motivation and a positive working environment with a track record of building great teams
- Prior experience managing and/or directing the IT function with strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience in managing global teams and outsourced technology relationships
- Working knowledge of all facets of IT to include development, data management, networks, and support
- Ability to understand P&L financials and create financial models/analysis
- Analytic and decisive decision-maker with ability to prioritize, develop plans, accountable execution of plan deliverables and good communication skills to share key objectives and milestones
- Adaptability and versatility
Our client is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified individuals, including qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application process due to a disability, please contact Work&Partners directly.